NOTE: You must be the Owner of the content to be able to assign access permissions to other users.
- Select the folder or file or right click on it.
- Select Permissions from the drop down list.
- Type the first few characters of the user's email or the name of the group that needs access.
- Select the type of permission (Can Edit or Can View).
- If you are providing access to a folder and want to provide access to nested folders and their content, select the checkbox next to Assign to Nested Folders.
- To send email notifications to the newly assigned users, select the checkbox Notify Via Email.
- To add a custom message, click on Add Message.
- To send a copy to yourself, select the checkbox Send a Copy to Me.
- Click on Share to provide access to the selected users and groups.
- If you are sharing a deeper folder without having provided access to the outer folders, the system will display a message indicating that it will automatically provide Can View permissions to the outer folder to maintain consistency of the folder structure across different users in the organization.
WATCH THE VIDEO - https://youtu.be/8flkfDO56nk